Green Traveller's Climate Emergency Declaration
14 January 2020: Green Traveller is a signatory to Tourism Declares, a campaign (launched today) that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
All signatories have committed to the following five actions:
1. Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, which sets out intentions to reduce carbon emissions throughout 2020 and over the next decade
2. Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year
3. Cut carbon emissions through actions designed to achieve the IPCC's recommendation as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions arising from the organisation's operations
4. Encourage suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community
5. Advocate for change: recognise the need for system change across the industry, and calling for urgent regulatory action to accelerate the transition towards zero carbon air travel.